Erik Gabell is a co-founder of Gabell Beaver. Mr. Gabell began his career with Morgan Lewis & Bockius, LLP following which he became cofounder of Paradigm Realty Alliance where he was the Chief Operating Officer and acting General Counsel.
Mr. Gabell’s practice encompasses a broad spectrum including the representation of real estate developers, major financial institutions, real estate funds, REITS, retail owners and tenants, and various small businesses and entrepreneurs. Mr. Gabell has extensive experience in all aspects of real estate development, financing, acquisitions and dispositions, office and retail leasing, joint ventures and workouts, as well as in corporate structuring and governance.
Some of Erik’s recent representative transactions include:
- Representation of Buyer /Borrower $75M multi-family portfolio acquisition and securitized financing, including mezzanine financing.
- $55M construction to permanent financing of landmark building.
- Representation of re-developer in connection with the Phase III construction financing of a former urban public high school.
- Negotiation of $45M GMP contract for urban mixed-use project on behalf of General Contractor.
- Ongoing representation of a large, publicly traded national bank in connection with ground, retail and office leasing and subleasing matters across its national footprint including major buildings, pad site branches, in-line retail locations, and drive through ATM facilities. Also provide representation in connection with the expansion, contraction and subleasing transactions in response to changing market conditions and mergers.
- Representation of Buyer in connection with $34M acquisition of historic condominium tower and subsequent $31M construction financing.
- Acquisition of multi-building student housing project.
- Representation of General Contractor in connection with $35M GMP contract.
- $7.2 million sale of shopping center.
- Acquisition and lease-up of 1M/sf Warehouse facility.
- Representation of Seller in connection with $6.5 million sale of a Golf Course.
- Note purchase – $28 million note acquisition related to medical office building.
- Conveyance of 40,000 sf medical office building to a regional healthcare system.
- Acquisition and conveyancing of trust real estate for institutional trustee.
- Refinancing of an urban multi-family asset.
- Representation of a publicly traded regional bank in connection with an $8.5 million workout/debt restructure (Note A and Note B).
- Representation of a publicly traded national auto parts retailer in retail ground leasing and build-to-suit transactions across multiple markets.
- Representation of high-net-worth individuals in connection with custom home design-build transactions.
University of Pennsylvania Law School, JD
Rutgers University, BA with Honors