Erik Gabell is a co-founder of Gabell Beaver. Mr. Gabell began his career with Morgan Lewis & Bockius, LLP following which he became cofounder of Paradigm Realty Alliance where he was the Chief Operating Officer and acting General Counsel.
Mr. Gabell’s practice encompasses a broad spectrum including the representation of real estate developers, major financial institutions, real estate funds, REITS, retail owners and tenants, and various small businesses and entrepreneurs. Mr. Gabell has extensive experience in all aspects of real estate development, financing, acquisitions and dispositions, office and retail leasing, joint ventures and workouts, as well as in corporate structuring and governance.
Erik’s recent representative transactions include:
• Representation of a regional warehouse developer in connection with a $14.5M construction to permanent
• Representation of a Seller in connection with the $6.5 million sale of a Golf Course.
• Representation of Owner in connection with the $2.65 million sale of an urban multifamily residential building in Philadelphia.
• Representation of a Seller in connection with the $7.2 million sale of shopping center.
• Representation of a Note purchaser in connection with the $28 million acquisition of a Note for a medical office building.
• Representation of Borrower in connection with a $7.8 million refinancing of a multifamily asset.
• Representation of a publically traded regional bank in connection with a $8.5 million workout /debt restructure (Note A and Note B).
• Representation of a re-developer in connection with the acquisition of a former urban public high school facility.
• Representation of a large, publically traded national bank in connection with ground, retail and office leasing and subleasing matters across its national footprint including major buildings, pad site branches, in-line retail locations, and drive through ATM facilities. Also provided representation in connection with the expansion, contraction and subleasing transactions in response to changing market conditions.
• Representation of large financial institution in connection with the acquisition and disposition of excess owned branches and REO properties.
• Representation of a publicly traded national auto parts retailer in retail ground leasing and build-to- suit transactions across multiple markets.
• Representation of a large financial institution in connection with the acquisition and disposition of trust real estate.
• Representation of a Borrower in connection with a $5.6M Workout /Consent Judgment transaction related to a distressed Class A office portfolio.
• Representation of high net worth individuals in connection with custom home design-build transactions.
• Representation of Owner in connection with $6.4M sale of a 40,000 sf medical office building to a regional healthcare system.
University of Pennsylvania Law School, JD
Rutgers University, BA with Honors