Mark Beaver founded Gabell Beaver with the goal of providing sophisticated legal services to individuals and businesses on a more cost effective basis. Mr. Beaver began his career with the largest firm in Delaware – Richards, Layton & Finger LLP – providing corporate and business advice to companies located around the world. After several years practicing in Delaware, Mr. Beaver moved to his hometown of Philadelphia to join the law firm of Klehr Harrison Harvey Branzburg LLP, where he gained substantial experience with M&A transactions, private investment offerings and private investment fund formation.
Mark concentrates his practice in the representation of private investment funds and privately held companies in connection with a wide variety of complex transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, equity and debt offerings, fund formation, venture capital transactions, joint ventures and similar transactions.
Mark’s recent representative transactions include:
• Represented employee benefits consulting firm in its acquisition of the assets of a global insurance company subsidiary.
• Represented investor group in the acquisition of the assets of a New Jersey based A.M. radio station.
• Represented manufacturing company in a re-structuring that enabled an employee to acquire a 50% equity interest in a tax efficient manner.
• Represented real estate firm in several joint venture transactions with various private equity funds.
• Represented investor group in its acquisition of a 75% interest in a software company.
• Represented private real estate fund in the sale of an equity interest in a hotel project.
• Represented private company in a joint venture transaction involving the acquisition of gold from several mines in Ghana.
Private Placements/Fund Formation
• Represented real estate firm in the formation of a $25 million private real estate fund.
• Represented finance company in a $20 million private placement of secured notes.
• Represented real estate firm in a $10 million private placement under the EB-5 Immigration Program.
• Represented local company in several private placements to finance the development of five separate fitness franchise locations.
• Represented technology company in a $2 million convertible note offering.
• Represented family office in the formation of a $50 million private real estate fund-of funds.
Villanova University School of Law, JD, Cum Laude
Bucknell University, B. A. in Economics and Finance, Cum Laude